RvNaut

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That my dear boy is called an Evapodana.. it is thick bandana, designed to be soaked in water and worn around the neck whilst riding... you can just make out the AeroStitch tag...  here is shot of the bike after a 25 mile dirt road to get to the campsite
DirtyBike2.JPG

Attachments

• DirtyBike2.JPG
    DirtyBike2.JPG
    530.7 KB · Views: 45
Whelp I finally finished the latest video.. sometimes it can be hard to sit down and make myself go to it... and it always amazes me how long it can take to put together even a 15 min video... but then.. that's because it is  part artist and part mechanic... the artist has to have it's way and the mechanic must have it operate well...

This video has me messing about with the Zhiyun-Tech Crane-2 3-Axis gimbal...  I am right chuffed about making video in the future with this rig as it allows so much ability with angles and smoothness...

.and no ads on my channel either ... lol... but then you can't even ask to monetize a channel until you have over 1000 subscribers and I am 989 away from that mile marker... if I get that far, I will monetize, and why not... I really enjoy the process of making and editing the videos, and if they warrant, people will be there, if not, I have a record of my life during this period..

In other news... I made contact with the family that owns an RV model I am looking for and learned a few new things about it... hopefully I can make a video about it when the time comes... the owner died.. rig has been sitting for two years.. has some water damage...etc etc.. we'll see... 

cheers

I'm back... 

..best laid plans and all that .. Winter sucks... I have documented it.. lol 

When I started this project last summer, you folks were the only ones on board... no one in my family or circle of friends knew about my plan, let alone the video side of the project.  So after a winter of getting my head straight and dodging the black dog, and collecting more footage,  I am back on track with the entire plan... trying to push it before winter last year was just not goign to happen for many many reason, including me... we know how that is.. being our own worst enemy?

So I have have come out of the closet to everyone that chooses to take apart in my life, mostly through FaceCrack.. ( no not that closet, just the RV one) and I have relaunched the channel by re-releasing vid one last week and the Step Two video this afternoon.. come join the ride.

Welcome back to the funny farm! Hope you get on the road soon!

Great to see you back. Would love to see some more personal discussions. For example, I’m still not sure why you are embarking on a RV quest, why you are selling your home, what challenges you hope to resolve or what goals you hope to achieve, etc. I’ve watched all your vids, and I still feel like I do not know who you are. I am not talking about your real name and stuff, but… where are you from? How did you end up in a home in Maine? Why are you selling the house and going nomadic? Sorry if all that background info is on your Facebook page! I don’t have Facebook or any social media accounts.

All spot on, and all subjects to be addressed as we go along... I did say in one video early on that I have lost any love for the game we play of chasing dollars, clawing away trying to get on top of the heap...    and there are other reasons..   we'll get there   :)

Are you still in Maine? I live there... (Bridgton) but am currently on a road trip that so far has me sitting in Niceville, FL. I'm headed back home (slowly) on Monday, planning to arrive Saturday.

kklowell said:
Are you still in Maine? I live there... (Bridgton) but am currently on a road trip that so far has me sitting in Niceville, FL. I'm headed back home (slowly) on Monday, planning to arrive Saturday.

Hey KK... still here for a few more months.. I "restarted" the video series.. prior to that, this community was the only people that had seen them... so last month I come out of the Nomad/Full Timer closet to the people in my life...

Have you checked out the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive?.. a worthy detour... Cherokee NC is also a very cool spot.. great museum there...

Coming up 81 to 84? or are you goign to bull your way up the coast?

MG1912 said:
Why are you selling the house and going nomadic?

Hi.. thanks for the post...  A lot of this will come out in the upcoming videos... the really deep shit will probably happen once I am on the road.. I want to be  free from this area before I delve to deep into my life's journey... there is a lot to say.. the thought of writing a book has crossed my mind...

If you check the YT channel you'll see I am doing new vids on Wednesdays, but also am inserting some other content.. last week was a video from my back yard of just the forest sounds... very peaceful...  ;)

Finally got my butt up at 4:30 so I could viddy the sunrise... but I forgot to put the cam in sunrise mode.. so I will do it again tomorrow..

Attachments

• SnapShot.jpg
    SnapShot.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 3
A short visit from the Maine State Bird ( we got nuthin on them Alaska skeeters... )

If you are new to My story.. Step Four debuts tonight at 7pm ET

Summer!! Yeah! Still selling stuff and planning... Looks like a Sept/Oct liftoff... logistics will be the big challenge.. I need the sale of house funds to buy the rig, but need to have the rig to move into so I can move out of the house.. lol.. ;)

I have a few new videos up on the channel...

Here is a no talk sunrise

Here is the Step Five video

Here is 30 minutes of my back yard.. also no talk..

phew...

So the down sizing continues and the home sale gets closer.

I am negotiating for a Class A and the Inspector is going out to perform a full going over of the 31' beast..

I haven't found the motivation to create videos, but have still been taping stuff for use when I get in the mood...

Still learning much..

Bought my Lifetime Senior Park Pass today

Got AARP a few weeks back.. Insurance quote for intended rig is $1100 including it being my residence and $15k contents.. No spec'd value... so may have to negotiate with them a bit.. Hartford Ins...   I will be getting additional quotes from other carriers..

Daisy the dog turned 11 in June.. I turned 62.. I got my first SSI in August

Progress...

I made an offer on an RV in South Dakota .. (a long drive from Maine) They countered, I counter the counter this morning...

tick tick

Have you tried shopping for an eBike lately.. seems like every webpage designer with a multi-tool has gotten into the eBike business.. and their webpages all look the same...

I think they are all one company with a webpage design competition...

If the pages all look the same, more likely it is the output of one cookie cutter tool, or one offshore team, that is cranking out the "different" pages. Which nation is most likely to be mass producing generic electric bikes?

while eBikes are a PITA.. my new action cam is a clever rig...

.. so ready to be out there... just a few more Ts to cross and Is to dot... can't go out without a drone.. so .. here is some proactice.. It came out very nice.. for a early result..

Three Days Until Launch

It has been a bit... the short version.. house on market, sold and then not.. relisted, sold and then financing fell thru, and finally sold, cash offer no contingencies, close on 1/20/22, Uhaul is outside being packed. The RV I made on offer on way back in September amazingly enough was still available, and that is another long story... Daisy the copilot dog has no clue, and last week she got her claws trimmed, mats off the haunches and a rabies shot... It has been an extremely stressful few months. Today, the 17th of January, I kinda made myself watch Nomadland, and I was right to be guarded, as it hit a lot of buttons... it was a very well done story of transition, and how we deal with our inner selves, if we ever do. got me teared up a few times and that is somewhere I have trouble going.

Thursday I journey 2000 miles west to South Dakota, in the winter, in a uhaul to pick up my 2004 Safari Trek 31SBD. The gnashing of teeth that led me to this model is discussed in previous posts here and in existing vids and those to come.

Thanks to this resource, and all you people out there already doing it, for sharing what you know and feel.

Latest posts