OR - mining in eastern Oregon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think they are both beautiful. but I will say it is certainly greener, LOL highdesertranger

How do you process all of that material to find the gold? It doesn't look like there is water nearby for a sluice.

the Doug is here,  thanks Doug(ABNORM).  did the first major clean up yesterday and today.  I had done a couple small clean ups before and they were so,  so.  but this one was pretty darn good.  I bet y'all want to see,

IMG_2221 - Copy.JPG
gold in the hopper

IMG_2233 - Copy.JPG
another view

IMG_2225 - Copy.JPG
a closer look

IMG_2234 - Copy.JPG
in case you are wondering the hopper feeds the gold wheel

IMG_2237 - Copy.JPG
another view

more to come

highdesertranger

Attachments

• IMG_2221 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2221 - Copy.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2233 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2233 - Copy.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2225 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2225 - Copy.JPG
    906.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2234 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2234 - Copy.JPG
    680.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2237 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2237 - Copy.JPG
    936.3 KB · Views: 7
so that was the stuff that is to small to pan,  actually you can pan it but it's a pain in the ass.  couple of pics of the stuff I could pan,

gold3.JPG
that's more like it

IMG_2244.JPG
and another these are only the 2 I took pictures of but every Pan was like those two.

IMG_2248.JPG
and this is the really small stuff .  this is -20,  +30 in size

IMG_2250.JPG
enlargement

IMG_2253.JPG
can you see those areas where the gold has concentrated?  well that continues under the black sand

IMG_2254.JPG
this is only one run I made a total of 4 runs.

yahoo

highdesertranger

Attachments

• gold3.JPG
    gold3.JPG
    576.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    560.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2248.JPG
    IMG_2248.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2250.JPG
    437.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2253.JPG
    IMG_2253.JPG
    486.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 7
Get it ready quick, gold prices are in record territory!

I had my camera on Macro......here's a cropped shot

ColorCloseup.jpg

Look at all the cool shapes

Attachments

• ColorCloseup.jpg
    ColorCloseup.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 8
Do you offer free labor? LOL, I could always use a digger. In fact last summer I was begging for help. Bob even announced a help wanted on his You Tube live feed. Highdesertranger

I was afraid there was a PickAxe and a shovel involved.

I guess I have watched to much Oak Island. LOL

Interesting. Haven’t tried it in *cough* 30 years. Wish I could physically do it with the price of gold now. Plus just the fun of it. So much California history too.

Actually not last year but at the previous 5 RTR's I gave a prospecting seminar. along with that the whole time the RTR was going on I gave panning lessons and any gold that the students panned they got to keep. everybody who was signed up got gold no one went away empty handed. so actually I gave away a lot of gold. the whole 2019 seminar is on Youtube,

that video is very low quality the is a much better one but I can't find it.

Highdesertranger

If you've never camped with HDR, you're in for a treat! Brother is a WEALTH of backcountry knowledge.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't view at least one photo from last May-June's trip.

"Do you work this claim year-round, or only summertime?"

Hahahahaha,  funny you should ask this.  I just got this picture from the property owner a couple of days ago,

snow.jpg

This is the owner house on the property.  Those windows you see are on the 2nd floor.

So short answer I only work it in the summer.  I am in Arizona at the moment.

Highdesertranger

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 18
I have a strong back. I am working near Mt. Hood this summer but I would like to come check out the operation on my days off. If not too far.

Mt. Hood is still a fair drive away. From Bend it takes me about 6 hours if I am towing about 4 if I am not. But either way I am sure we can work something out. Highdesertranger