Holiday the Shuttle Bus

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyz1

Learning one disaster at a time...
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to me, I finally found my 'van' right before Christmas. Before I can insure it, I have to have the seats removed. I removed 3 of the 6 seats today. There are two jump seats in the back that will also need to go.

Attachments

• myvan1.jpg
    myvan1.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1
  • myvan2.jpg
    myvan2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1
  • myvan4.jpg
    myvan4.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    786.8 KB · Views: 1
Merry Christmas to me, I finally found my 'van' right before Christmas. Before I can insure it, I have to have the seats removed. I removed 3 of the 6 seats today. There are two jump seats in the back that will also need to go.
You got a great rig, Kyz! Looking forward to watching the build. And maybe camping with you this spring.

Not a whole lot of progress, but the main seats are out. I'm still working on insurance, then I'll get it inspected and registered. Then the fun begins. (Seats removed because one insurance company said it would have to be done before insuring it.)

Attachments

• seatsout1.jpeg
    seatsout1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • seatsout2.jpeg
    seatsout2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Kyz, couldn't some insurance company offer you a "Binder" at this point. (a temporary policy to get your inspection etc so you could get a license and then a regular policy from them) I would think an agent could drop by your place and look at what you have now and be able to offer a binder so you could begin to get the rig "moveable" to get it worked on/serviced etc. Thus you could proceed with your build.

You were going to need to remove those seats anyway. Now you are ready to roll and start rocking that new build-out. That was an essential step for more than one reason!

That floor and carpet look in great condition! I wonder if you don't use the seats before getting rid of them, maybe the slider clamps off the bottom of them will come in handy for later? Moveable walls, reconfigurable furniture?

That floor and carpet look in great condition! I wonder if you don't use the seats before getting rid of them, maybe the slider clamps off the bottom of them will come in handy for later? Moveable walls, reconfigurable furniture?
Interesting suggestion.... I wonder how that would work.... More research!

You were going to need to remove those seats anyway. Now you are ready to roll and start rocking that new build-out. That was an essential step for more than one reason!
You're absolutely right.