The REAL Reason No One Wants To Work Anymore

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an American! I put my life on the line for all of you!and have bullit scars as my reward.
The reason I willingly did that was to help keep you free.
What i expect in return is for all of you to work hard. Study hard and know the difference between fact and opinion.
Facts don't change. Opinions do change.
I am still thankful that we all can have differences of opinion BUT don't force me to except your opinion by force or intimidation.
We have elections for that.
Here is a fact. When I was young, I had silver dollars in my pocket that I could buy a dollars worth of things. I could go to my bank and exchange my paper dollars for silver dollars.
In 1949 I could buy a brand new ford car for $1000. I did.
I could go to a double feature movie with my girlfriend and have enough left over for a root beer float which we shared at the local drug store. Total 25 cents (Verda Conner) Then walk her home. We held hands. (big deal)
My family and her family would go to the city park for swimming and a picknic on weekends during the summer.
Look at that same place (in the news) (Grants Pass, Oregon) today! (by the way, it's pronounced Ore gun not Ore gone).
the town moto was "It's the climate".
I won't try to stop any of you from moving around as you wish or expressing your oppinion and beliefs as you wish, thankfully we have a consitution that garentees that freedom. The price has been paid for you for that garentee. (Arlington National Cemitary) is one example. Go there! Twice!). It was all given for you.
Ken

Thank You for your service. I also served and understand. Unfortunately many politicians do not. Most of those politicians were born with money and never served. Even their children never served so they have no practical idea of how important the Constitution and the electoral process is to us. Very few wealthy people or their children will ever serve. Work to them is finding someone to do it for them as cheaply as possible. The Constitution and our laws are just pieces of paper to use to create situations to make more money to them. Taxes are to them a terrible thing instead of the price you pay people and their families to put their lives at risk for your and everyone’s freedoms. It is sad that they have formed large corporate monopolies that now mostly control our government and continue to suppress most the population of this country if not the world in my opinion.

Ya, look how many people tRUMP has scammed and continues to do it. You have to be stupid enough to fall for scams.
Apparently, this subject ignites your reactive side.
Can you imagine seeing beyond RulingElites propaganda?
Can you imagine a day without hundreds of momentary "Oh, look, a castle!" goldfish-in-a-bowl diversions?
Can you imagine staying centered instead of ricocheting off those divisionary propagandas dujour?
An aside:
I sure hope the Knicks take the pennant this season!
I am going to celebrate with cake!
I might even buy a new 'remote-control' for better televisionprogramming!

NO! One man or one women among 340 million of us, you and me, did NOT create the world we live in today. You did, I did. We all did. I take personal responsibility.
Rather than point the finger or blame some other person for what you percieve as wrong, get off your dead butt and make a positive change. Be more honorable today than you were yesterday, Be more careing today than you were yesterday.
Run for local office, go door to door meeting your neighbors at the grocery store, where ever you happen to be. Attend your school board meeting. You do not have to have boocoo bucks or be elete to do that. You don't have to give up your working life to do that, just spend some of you leasure time for one term, then pass the responsibility on to the next person.
Do some small thing that will befit others rather than odopt the attitude of "whats in it for me".
Ladies and Gentelmen, teach by example. The younger generations needs you. By younger generations, I mean anyone younger than say 70.
Our education system is broken. (from K through 12 and beyond) That begins with Mom and Dad and continues through out life.
If we ignore that basic responibility, our country becomes a ship without a rudder. WE, all of us will crash and sink.
Opinion should not rule. Facts should.
I"ve learned over time, that misakes will be made. Lets fix them.
Right now and next November, we have a choice betwwek two bad mechanics, not just two bad ones, but many.
Where did i learn this? A statment-----Study to show thyself A workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth!
I saw no mention of opinion in there.
Ken

Apparently, this subject ignites your reactive side.
Can you imagine seeing beyond RulingElites propaganda?
Can you imagine a day without hundreds of momentary "Oh, look, a castle!" goldfish-in-a-bowl diversions?
Can you imagine staying centered instead of ricocheting off those divisionary propagandas dujour?
An aside:
I sure hope the Knicks take the pennant this season!
I am going to celebrate with cake!
I might even buy a new 'remote-control' for better televisionprogramming!
I'm confident in my beliefs. Ya it would be nice about Knicks!

^^^ Camper

It is up to the individual as to whether he or she wants to scam or offer a service that is ethical (which could include any of trades)

One fellow who contacted my Church was from Atlanta, GA and a talented woodworker and painter. He did a restore of the Chancel woodwork and varnished it for much less than businesses who specialized in that service had offered to do it. It was quite a value for money. Helped both our church and this was the mission of his "ministry".

There are others who specialize in producing gospel music with the choir. They have the engineering expertise & equipment to get the best from the choir and then get it recorded for distribution so that the Church can sell it as a fund raiser. These things go on all of the time
but most people don't realize it takes place. And it isn't "crooked" as such. A lot of this takes places in areas where there isn't a robust economy or a few people own and control most of the money. They have plenty of money and don't need to be tax free entities, but choose the "loop hole" as you describe it to get richer. These less affluent people resort to it as a means to an end....to survive.

Still there are others who do this in a much more entrepreneurial manner for wealth creation. They may court politicians for contributions to their Church to shepherd the congregation to a particular cause or two of their backers. (anti abortion...anti LGBTQ gender reassignment...etc)

Welcome To The Mile Wide And Inch Deep Flashy Mega-Churches - Very Expensive Entertainment, Wealthy Celebrity Pastors With Deep Pockets And Self Serving Shallow Theology

In the early 80's Evangelical (Big Box) Churches began to show up all over the place where I live. Only a couple have endured the test of time. They conducted themselves like Churches on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Still they rented the sanctuaries for commercial non religious productions....to make lots of money. Those that failed just pushed the congregation too far bleeding them away from their money.

This AutoZone was a large (for it's area) evangelical Church before it failed.

EvanJ 5.jpg

This one was huge with loads of property. It failed too and sold to new owners. They built a strip Mall on it's front campus. (about 10 stores) The large building in the background was the Big Box Church but of late has been an Office Building with office spaces for rent. It isn't always the little "guy" using the "tax free" loop hole. Fortunes have been made by wealthy elites with this same process......but who questions them ?

EvanJ 4.jpg

Let's not forget the ones closer to home, who work on our vans and charge nothing for their time and knowledge. That's also a ministry, and you don't have to be ordained to do it!
Helping someone else doesn't require a rainbow flag or a cross. It's just the right thing to do.

When things go wrong, I generally don't see anyone asking everyone rushing to help about their political or religious beliefs. They are just rushing to help another human in need.

Edit: I am a Christian, though not always a good one. And I'm also an ordained humanist minister. Which I did so I could preside over my friends wedding. You might think the two are opposites. But I don't see it that way.

Helping someone else doesn't require a rainbow flag or a cross. It's just the right thing to do.

When things go wrong, I generally don't see anyone asking everyone rushing to help about their political or religious beliefs. They are just rushing to help another human in need.

Edit: I am a Christian, though not always a good one. And I'm also an ordained humanist minister. Which I did so I could preside over my friends wedding. You might think the two are opposites. But I don't see it that way.
Those less familiar with humanism or unsure about fulfilling the role of Humanist Celebrant should consider “Associate Humanist Celebrant” designation.

Qualifications: good for 2 years

• Completed application
  • $40 application fee
  • $100 annual professional fee
  • American Humanist Association Membership
  • Understanding of Humanist Celebrant role
My hunting buddy did this. I'm not judging anyone but I'd Never do this as I wasn't called to do so & if you teach something wrong you are punished more. https://www.gotquestions.org/let-not-many-of-you-become-teachers.html
My gransdad spent most of his life traveling the country with no money but faith setting up & starting churches. God always provided.

Those less familiar with humanism or unsure about fulfilling the role of Humanist Celebrant should consider “Associate Humanist Celebrant” designation.

Qualifications: good for 2 years

• Completed application
  • $40 application fee
  • $100 annual professional fee
  • American Humanist Association Membership
  • Understanding of Humanist Celebrant role
My hunting buddy did this. I'm not judging anyone but I'd Never do this as I wasn't called to do so & if you teach something wrong you are punished more. https://www.gotquestions.org/let-not-many-of-you-become-teachers.html
My gransdad spent most of his life traveling the country with no money but faith setting up & starting churches. God always provided.
I did it strictly to perform their ceremony. I never even read the entire mission statement, although I read enough to know why Sagan made it. It served a purpose.

And I didn't pay anything lol.

I was called to do this. My phone rang and my friend asked. ;)

I don't think God minded.

Last edited:
I am an American! I put my life on the line for all of you!and have bullit scars as my reward.
The reason I willingly did that was to help keep you free.
I won't try to stop any of you from moving around as you wish or expressing your oppinion and beliefs as you wish, thankfully we have a consitution that garentees that freedom. The price has been paid for you for that garentee. (Arlington National Cemitary) is one example. Go there! Twice!). It was all given for you.
Ken

Thank you for your service. For your gift.

I wonder how our politics would change if only veterans with say 10 years of service could serve in the Congress and as president. Served in a dangerous position, not as cook or nurse military lawyer.

Less wars, for sure. And less buffoons like Gaetz. Only the people who, at some point of their life, provably put the country above their own interests. As a bonus, less lawyers :)