No Turning Back Now... Greetings

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cy_5th

Reaction score
Today is the day I start a new chapter/adventure in my life. No turning back. I can't I'm locked in for the next 100 months. Lol.

I will be picking up and given an orientation on a Class B Full Coach Ethos LI 20T (Van up) RAM® ProMaster 3500 window van today.

From profile: love the great outdoors - camping, hiking, cooking, animals, fishing, skateboarding, Ambition snowskating (boycotting ski/snowboard resorts), Golf for fun, climbing (beginner at best) bouldering, clay shooting (Sporting Clays), RC car hobby) club racing on dirt tracks.

I have an 8 year old Lab Retriever named Chester.

PXL_20231027_220632719.jpg

I now, have no house not by choice...this will be my new home. What was suppose to be a retirement dream is now a reality. But at least now I can get all this hands on knowledge so by the time I retire I will be ready.

See profile for little more personal stuff.

Thank you for reading.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I probably could have started a step down with a generator. More reliable. I think am already having Lithium battery being able to hold a charge issues. It won't even charge while driving.

Amongst other things that I am able to solve lol. I am learning as I go. Butt this LI battery model. A lot of electrical.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I probably could have started a step down with a generator. More reliable. I think am already having Lithium battery being able to hold a charge issues. It won't even charge while driving.

Amongst other things that I am able to solve lol. I am learning as I go. Butt this LI battery model. A lot of electrical.
Post about the issue in the Life on the Road > Batteries forum

Today is the day I start a new chapter/adventure in my life. No turning back. I can't I'm locked in for the next 100 months. Lol.

I will be picking up and given an orientation on a Class B Full Coach Ethos LI 20T (Van up) RAM® ProMaster 3500 window van today.

From profile: love the great outdoors - camping, hiking, cooking, animals, fishing, skateboarding, Ambition snowskating (boycotting ski/snowboard resorts), Golf for fun, climbing (beginner at best) bouldering, clay shooting (Sporting Clays), RC car hobby) club racing on dirt tracks.

I have an 8 year old Lab Retriever named Chester.

View attachment 35026

I now, have no house not by choice...this will be my new home. What was suppose to be a retirement dream is now a reality. But at least now I can get all this hands on knowledge so by the time I retire I will be ready.

See profile for little more personal stuff.

Thank you for reading.
I like the fact that you are active and "planning for retirement." Alot of people have no idea what they are going to do when retirement comes and the time does flies,as they watch people making a living acting and playing sports etc on the t.v.

I like the fact that you are active and "planning for retirement." Alot of people have no idea what they are going to do when retirement comes and the time does flies,as they watch people making a living acting and playing sports etc on the t.v.
Thank you. So far so good. Still doing it. I have routine. An RV waste station to dump for free. I don't even need to hook up for shore power like I thought I would. The round trip charger the Lithium and the solar tops me off. Learning a lot. Wouldn't mind having 600 watts :)

What I regret is getting the expensive extended warranty for this new rec van. There is so many knowledgeable sall businesses / private individuals I can go to get fix. Plus everything is new. If I didn't get that monthly would have been lower for sure.

Working half week and rest remote, doing this is perfect.

Like the stars aligned.

I'm having fun actually.

When things break down and stuff I have to maintain is going to be a challenge.

Now know that my van doesn't have bypass valves to close when sanitizing the fresh water lines or tank. It's a boiler and heat exchanger type system not water tank. Wish they update the manual.

Also a concern is thieves breaking in. For work in office days I park at the same spot. It's basically trail head too where I park at. But still. That would be earth shattering. I put a dog sticker in the back, leave the dog there when I'm at the office and come back for lunch to take him out and about. I do like to socialize yet I am fine being solo. I am Ronin, masterless samurai minus the martial arts lol. Recently thinking about classes but it's expensive nowadays. So I leave with my dog for happy hours locally at a pub I frequent. Leaving the vehicle vulnerable. 😔

I think l can do this. I really don't have choice. I know I can this because of the experience growing up.

When I retire I will definitely upgrade. Cause this class B van, is really roomy for just one person a 50lb dog. Who knows who I meet or will care for when I retire in about 13 years from now. :)

Last edited: