Newbie just sayin' hi!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tktplz

Reaction score
Years ago, 83 thru 86 lived in a 1964 VW van, followed the dead, lived in rainbow village in zerkely. Now I'm respectible, ha! in Louisiana where I own a house, yes paid for, cash money, whoooo-hooooo! So now I'm getting back into boon docking with a TC and am looking for tips for stealth parking/camping as necessary while going thru urban areas to get to the woods. <br>So I'll lurk for a bit and learn what I can. As time goes on I'll share in my experiences because I like sharing for 1 thing, LOL!<br>Anyhow going into stealth mode with a black and tan brew and the BCS championship, L8ter<br><br>

Welcome....good to have you here....<br>Nice rig! Have great travels in it....<br>Bri<br><br>

Thanks Bri, I'm hoping I will. I want to go to some of the places I used to live/travel, Arcata, Freshwater, Chico, CA, Eureka, OR, BC. Will need to glean some tips to be stealth to get there from NW Louisiana. Should be a blast tho. Life is such an adventure it's almost unbelievable.....almost! Doing this to polish my skills so in approx. 11 years I'll be ready to get the new truck, slide in camper, sell the house and land and hit the road for the rest of my life. Just need to get some learnin' on solar panels and such so I'm self sufficient and only use a gennie on rare occasions. <br>Thanks again for the welcome!<br><br>

Is that a Tacoma or Tundra, can't really tell from the picture? I love them both but I'm curious how it handles the camper?<br><br>With a full camper, you really can't stealth park, everyone knows you could be sleeping in there. A few tips:<br><br>1) Your best choice is a 24 hour grocery store. They are almost always safe.<br>2) There is almost always selective enforcement of no-parking laws. So I have been where they would chase you out of the Walmart, but you could park without hassle at the Sam's Club or Home Depot next door. <br>3)&nbsp; Arrive late and leave early. Be there only while you are sleeping. The longer you are there, the more likely you are to be noticed. <br><br>Feel free to post all your quetions in the forum and we will do all we can help. I am pretty familiar with solar installations. welcome again! Bob<br><br>

Latest posts