Interesting Articles Relating to EVs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I deal in FACTS, not OPINIONS, FEELINGS or EMOTIONS. I see you're quoting yourself now :)
I was quoting for context.

You had made a statement how you couldn't believe Tesla wasn't on a top 10 list, and I explained why.

So yes. I quoted myself for context.

P.s. You deal in other people's videos, not your own facts. :)

I'm not fool enough to believe I'm an expert on everything & know everything about anything, how does that feel? When I learned to fly I learned not to go by my feelings or emotions & only trust proven instruments aka FACTS.

I'm not fool enough to believe I'm an expert on everything & know everything about anything, how does that feel? When I learned to fly I learned not to go by my feelings or emotions & only trust proven instruments aka FACTS.
I know a lot about a lot of things. I do not know everything about anything. And to be honest? It feels great.

It's how I set myself up to make my own decisions, and have my own thoughts on various subjects.

Some might see this as me being a know it all. Personally, I just liked to be informed.

For instance, since you mentioned it, I never learned to fly. I would never tell you I know more than you on the subject. That would be a lie, as well as just plain stupid.

Now if I decided to learn about flying, I would could know enough to understand most of the instruments I might use. And probably enough to fly without harming myself or others. I have no idea if I would be a great pilot. But I could learn enough to be a good one for certain. I would use instruments and information just like any pilot.

And we would be able to have a conversation regarding flying. You would be the more experienced aviator. But I would know enough to explain what I'm trying to get across as well as understand your points.

I do drive. Which is less complicated. I use instruments and facts (gas is low, speed is higher than it should be. Blinkers have been on for 10 minutes and it's probably confusing everyone behind me) when driving.

Not sure where you think I don't use facts. And you seem to be the one getting emotional. Not really sure why? I thought we were having a discussion.
Would you rather talk to someone that doesn't know what they are talking about? I mean, I can try to ACT dumb if you'd like. But it would be an act.

Flying is a very unforgiving sport & many people should not fly. Anything I'm interested in I research to death as I need to learn everything about it. I don't post unsupported opinion. We just have different ways but don't slam what I post with no supporting info please.

I didn't slam what you posted. I made an educated statement. The reason Tesla wasn't included in that top 10 list is that they didn't have any new models. There only so long a car or truck will be on those lists without any significant updates.

The latest model by years is the Model 3, which debuted in 2017. That's a 7 year old vehicle with hardly any changes from inception.

Show me the last top ten list of any car that includes a 7 year old car. One that isn't specifically a list of older vehicles. It doesn't exist. Which was the entire point of my post.

I get that there are those here that you are arguing or strongly debating with. That wasn't me. I kinda feel like I got caught in the crossfire meant for others. I could be wrong about that though.

I have no agenda. I don't agree with all of your views. And I don't like watching opinion videos. But that's about it. You seem like a good guy that has some opinions I can agree with and some I don't. Same as others, like rockloper.

I'm not upset you guys have different opinions. In fact I can embrace that, because talking with only those I agree with leads to stagnant thinking and no learning. And I like to learn. Contrary to what it might seem like, I know I don't know it all. That would be sad and very boring lol.

Again, we're all having a discussion. And I would hope we could all be civil and maybe not so frustrated while having it. Just because I might not agree with something doesn't mean I can't learn something from the conversation. And it doesn't mean disrespect to the person I disagree with.

I can always agree to disagree. Which seems to be a lost art these days. Let's bring it back. You're a likeable guy in almost every thread I've read. As are most that post here. We can all do better than what we've shown in these few threads.

Truce.

FORDS HEMP CAR
Body panels were bio-plastic and it ran on ethanol. Bio-plastics are mechanically inferior to oil based ones, are more expensive, take centuries to degrade in a land fill, and release methane when they do. The "10x tougher than steel" claim is very funny... like any common plastic it will be weak and flexy. You can make a composite using hemp cloth and epoxy that isn't too bad, but that isn't what this was... and fiberglass is much better and cheaper than hemp anyway.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/why-bioplastics-will-not-solve-the-worlds-plastics-problem