Herbs on a wall

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro is heavy, messy, and costly. Pump failure can be unfortunate and kill your crop.

I would look into some creative window boxes before hydro in a mobile setting.

I knew a hippy kid who lived in an old International Travelall Housetruck thing he built on it.
He had rows of slender window boxes going up on the inside of his windows insted of curtains, and he was growing sweetgrasses and other herbs to put on his vegan salads.
Kind of a neat idea. I suppose you could grow just about anything small using this method.
Hmmmmmmm.....

(sorry...no pics)

I like growing things in 5 gallon buckets. Got a couple of grapes going right now. I think they crossed the grapes with Kudzu. They are growing like mad. Got the how to posted in my blog.

I like this idea! May have to give it a try in a smaller configuration, especially since I'm not yet mobile. Would the pump even be necessary? Maybe irrigate with gray water from doing dishes. . .and since I use Dr. Bronner's liquid for washing dishes, I wouldn't be adding any chemicals to the plants.

Latest posts