Best four cylinder stick shift pickup

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if they used wood. it would seem so but I don't know for sure.

Don't worry about your clutch you got 24 years out of it obviously you know how to use it.

Highdesertranger

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I had two Nissan pickups, a 1985 and a 1991 both bought new. Both were 4 cylinder and 5 speed manual, 1991 was 4X4. Both of these trucks lasted me over 300,000 miles without replacing/rebuilding anything other than usual things. No new water pumps, fuel pumps.....just brakes, shocks.....[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I now have a 2021 Tacoma 4 cylinder Auto transmission. Both of the Nissans were better vehicles. I explored the desert and ghost towns for 26 years, driving a massive amount of dirt roads and those Nissans took everything I threw at them. I trusted the Nissans with my life and never questioned them, but the Tacoma is much more fragile, mainly because of the computer controlled six speed automatic transmission and the fact that noting is directly connected to anything, everything is controlled by computers via wiring harnesses.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The older Tacoma's are good, my son has a 1991 he still drives. The new ones I would stay away from, but it's the same way with the new Nissans too.[/font]

Latest posts